Air and Ground Membership Terms of Service
NOTICES REQUIRED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF MANAGED HEALTH CARE:
BEFORE YOU PURCHASE: If you are currently enrolled in a health maintenance organization (HMO) or other health insurance, the benefits provided by an Ambulance Plan may duplicate the benefits provided by your HMO or other health insurance. If you have a question regarding whether your HMO or other health insurance offers benefits for ambulance services, you should contact that other company directly.
WARNING: This Membership Plan is not an insurance program. It will not compensate or reimburse another ambulance company that provides emergency transportation to the person(s) listed on this form. This may occur when the 911 Emergency System has independently determined that another company could provide more expeditious service or is next in the rotation to receive a call. This might also occur when this Ambulance Plan is unable to perform within a medically appropriate time frame due to a mechanical or maintenance problem or being on another call.
COMPLAINTS: For complaints regarding this Ambulance Plan, or if you have questions regarding the Plan, first attempt to call American Legion Ambulance Service at 209-223-2963. If American Legion Ambulance fails to resolve the complaint to your satisfaction, contact the Department of Managed Health Care at 1-800-400-0815. The Department's website is http://www.dmhc.ca.gov You may obtain complaint forms and instructions online.
OPERATING UNDER CONDITIONAL EXEMPTION: This Ambulance Plan is operating pursuant to an exemption from the Knox- Keene Health Care Service Plan Act of 1975 (Health and Safety Code section 1340 et seq.).
American legion Ambulance Service Terms of Service:
I understand that my membership fee for American Legion Ambulance Membership Program covers my portion of ground ambulance services that are medically necessary, and that are applied to co-insurance or deductibles by insurance or Medicare. "Medically necessary" is defined as a specific need for ambulance transportation to or from a health care facility (such as a 9-1-1 emergency call, non-emergency request, or an inter-facility transfer) within American Legion Ambulance's primary service area, where use of other forms of transportation, such as private car or taxi, would be medically inappropriate. I understand that American Legion Ambulance can require physician certification of medical necessity. I also understand that if abuse of the service is found to exist, my membership may be terminated.
I understand that my membership covers those persons who permanently reside in my household. A "household" is defined as all persons who permanently reside at the "Head of Household's" physical address.
I understand the membership is available only to residents of American Legion Ambulance's primary service area, which includes all of Amador and Calaveras Counties, excluding Ebbett’s Pass Fire Protection District area.
I understand that this is not an insurance policy, nor is it meant to be a substitute for health insurance. I agree that if I have no insurance or other health coverage, or if my insurance company or other health benefits payer denies payment to American Legion Ambulance Service because it determines that my ambulance services were not payable, I will be responsible for the payment of the fees for those services. I agree to pay the fees for service less a 50 percent discount granted by American Legion Ambulance because I am a member.
I understand that this membership plan does not cover the service given by other providers, including other 9-1-1 providers who provide back-up.
Medi-Cal patients receive full coverage for services. Therefore, there is no reason for Medi-Ca patients to become members.
I understand that ambulance transports are limited to 60 miles which covers Sacramento, Stockton and Modesto Areas. Transports over the 60 mile limit will be billed for mileage greater than 60 miles.
I understand that my membership is non-transferable and non-refundable.
I understand that the effective date for my membership is the date purchased and is effective for one (1) year from effective date.
ASSIGNMENT OF BENEFITS: I understand that my membership is not an insurance plan and that American Legion Ambulance Service will bill and receive payments from my insurer or third party (such as Medicare, Blue Cross, etc.). I hereby authorize all benefits to be made directly payable to American Legion Ambulance. If I have Medicare, I request that payment or authorized Medicare benefits be made on my behalf to American Legion Ambulance for any ambulance service provided to me by American Legion Ambulance. If I receive payment from Medicare or my insurance company, I will immediately forward that payment to American Legion Ambulance. If I do not, I understand that my membership may be terminated and I will be billed full charges for services. I acknowledge that I am responsible for payment of ambulance services.
LIFETIME SIGNATURE AUTHORIZATION: To facilitate processing, I authorize the release to American Legion Ambulance Service, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, or other insurer of any medical information or documentation held by anyone necessary to process a claim now or in the future, and further assign and authorize such payments to American Legion Ambulance. I permit a copy of this authorization to be used in place of the original.
American Legion Ambulance Service is compliant with HIPAA regulations. Refer to our Notices of Privacy Practices.
PHI Cares Terms and Conditions:
PHI Cares is a membership program operated by PHI Health, LLC, which covers the uninsured or otherwise uncovered portion of the flight charges that may be incurred by members who are transported on a PHI medically configured aircraft as set forth herein. Membership is valid for one (1) year beginning five (5) days after your completed application and nonrefundable payment have been received and processed by the PHI Cares membership office. These Terms and Conditions also apply to renewing memberships, provided that payment of the annual membership fee is received within thirty (30) days of the renewal date.
As used herein, the terms “you,” “your,” and “Member” shall mean any members enrolled in the PHI Cares Program; the terms “our,” “we,” “us,” and “PHI” shall mean PHI Health, LLC; the term “PHI Cares Program” shall mean the PHI Cares membership program operated by PHI; and the term “Terms and Conditions” shall mean the PHI Cares Program Terms and Conditions.
Members are charged an annual membership fee payable yearly in advance. The annual membership fee charged by PHI is based on certain factors, including whether or not you have healthcare insurance coverage.
A Member who receives a medically necessary transport through the PHI Cares Program is relieved from paying any charges related to the medical transport other than amounts paid or reimbursed to the Member by any available healthcare insurance, a third party payor, or a third party who may be legally responsible for the charges. In other words, PHI Cares accepts what your insurance or other third-party source of payment pays as "payment-in-full," relieving you of any other charges for the air medical transport.
PHI will bill your healthcare insurer or other third-party payor (for example, Medicare), or seek recovery from any legally liable third party (for example, a car accident which causes you injury as a result of someone else’s fault or negligence) for the air medical transport. Should you receive payment directly from your healthcare insurer, other third-party payor, or from a legally liable third party for all or any portion of the charges for the air medical transport, you agree to promptly remit such payment to PHI. If any third party or his/her insurer who is legally liable pays for the air transport charges either through settlement of a claim or a judgment from a lawsuit, you agree to promptly remit the amount received by you for air transport charges included in such settlement or judgment.
Members who have no healthcare insurance coverage at the time of enrollment and no other third-party payor to cover air medical transport charges will be relieved by PHI from any patient transport charges for medically necessary air transport services on a PHI aircraft.
PHI Cares Members are responsible for and agree to pay for any charges that are not covered by the PHI Cares Program, including but not limited to air transport pick-ups outside of the PHI Cares service area or any ground ambulance transportation services that Members may incur in connection with any PHI air medical transport.
Eligibility & Availability
Medicaid participants are not eligible for membership in the PHI Cares Program.
Please note that a PHI aircraft may not be available at the time a flight request is made due to inclement weather, the PHI aircraft being in service at the time of the request, the PHI aircraft undergoing maintenance or repairs, weight limitations of the PHI aircraft, or other reasons that make the PHI aircraft unavailable to respond to a request. Further, medical or dispatch personnel may call another air ambulance provider in which event your PHI Cares membership will not cover the medical transport.
Passenger weights and other operating restrictions may limit our ability to transport a Member.
PHI, in consultation with other healthcare providers or dispatch agencies, reserves the right to determine whether air medical transport is medically necessary, safe, and appropriate under the circumstances.
Membership in the PHI Cares Program is not an insurance product. PHI Cares does not cover and will not pay or reimburse you for services performed by any other air medical transport services provider or any ground ambulance services provider.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, in addition to covering medically necessary transports on PHI aircraft, your membership will also cover medically necessary transports on PHI’s partners’ aircraft if such transports occur within PHI’s service areas. Please visit our website at www.PHICares.com or contact our Membership Department to obtain more information on our current air ambulance membership partners. Any medical transports on a PHI Cares partner aircraft shall be subject to the same Terms and Conditions stated herein.
Membership provides household national coverage for medically necessary air transports on PHI medically configured aircraft to the closest appropriate facility within 200 miles for a rotor wing (helicopter) and 600 miles for a fixed wing (airplane). The point of pickup must be within the PHI Cares service area. For a list of service areas, please see the coverage map on the PHI Cares website: www.phicares.com/coverage-map or contact the membership office directly.
Notifying PHI Cares Membership Department of Transport
You should inform the healthcare provider, dispatcher, or emergency personnel of your PHI Cares membership at the time an air medical transport is requested, as these personnel will not be aware of your PHI Cares Membership. In addition, it is the responsibility of each Member to contact us if a registered and eligible household dependent has been flown by PHI. Please call our Membership Department at: 1.888.435.9744 (1.888. I Fly PHI), Monday-Friday, 0800 to 1600 Hours MST.
Termination and Renewal of Coverage
PHI may terminate your membership for failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions of the PHI Cares membership program. PHI reserves the right to discontinue its PHI Cares Program at any time upon notice to Members. In such event, PHI shall return a pro rata portion of the membership fee. PHI also reserves the right to unilaterally modify the Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to the membership fee to be charged to Members who join or renew their membership after the effective date of such change.
It is your responsibility to renew your membership prior to the expiration of the one-year term. A completed renewal application and nonrefundable payment must be received within thirty (30) days of the renewal date. If you do not renew your membership, your membership and coverage thereunder will automatically terminate at the end of the one-year term. Renewal contracts may include changes in coverage.
You acknowledge that all information included in the completed application is correct to the best of your knowledge, including all health insurance information. If your healthcare insurance is no longer in effect at the time air medical services are rendered, your PHI Cares membership will not cover your air medical transport charges, unless you have notified PHI Cares of such cancellation and have paid the supplemental membership fee charged to PHI Cares members who do not have healthcare insurance. Any changes in your healthcare insurance information, including the cancellation of healthcare insurance coverage, must be reported to the PHI Cares membership office within five (5) business days of such change or cancellation.
By approving and submitting your application for PHI Cares membership, you agree to all of the Terms and Conditions set forth herein.
© Copyright 2020 by PHI Health, LLC All Rights Reserved.
AirMedCare Network Terms of Service:
AirMedCare Network (“AMCN”) is an alliance of affiliated emergency air ambulance providers* (each a Provider). Your AMCN membership automatically enrolls you as a member in each Provider’s membership program. Membership ensures that you will have no out-of-pocket flight expenses if flown by a Provider by providing prepaid protection against a Provider’s air ambulance costs that are not covered by any insurance, benefits, or third-party responsibility available to you, subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Patient transport will be to the closest appropriate medical facility for medical conditions that are deemed by the AMCN Provider attending medical professionals to be life- or limb-threatening, or that could lead to permanent disability, and which require emergency air ambulance transport. A patient’s medical condition, not membership status, will dictate whether or not air transportation is appropriate and required. Under all circumstances, an AMCN Provider retains the sole right and responsibility to determine whether or not a patient is flown. Emergent ground ambulance transport of a member by an AMCN Provider, in connection with an emergent air ambulance transport by a Provider, will be covered under these same terms and conditions.
2. AMCN Provider air ambulance services may not be available when requested due to factors beyond the Provider’s control, such as use of the appropriate aircraft by another patient or other circumstances governed by operational requirements or restrictions including, but not limited to, equipment manufacturer limitations, governmental regulations, maintenance requirements, patient condition, age or size, or weather conditions. FAA restrictions prohibit most AMCN Provider aircraft from flying in inclement weather conditions. The primary determinant of whether to accept a flight is always the safety of the patient and medical flight crews.
3. Members who have any insurance or other benefits available to them, or third party responsibility (or liability) claims, that cover in any way the cost of ambulance services are financially liable for the cost of AMCN Provider services up to the limit of any such available coverage or recovery. In return for payment of the membership fee, the AMCN Provider will consider its air ambulance costs that are not covered by any insurance, benefits or other third-party responsibility available to the member to have been fully prepaid. “Insurance” or “benefits” means any and all types of insurance or benefits without any limitation. By way of example only, such “insurance” or “benefits” include medical benefits available under health insurance, automobile insurance, homeowners insurance, workers compensation, and government insurance or benefits programs. Further, the terms “insurance” or “benefits” include any insurance or benefits that are owned by a member (or that are written or held in a member’s name), as well as any insurance or benefits owned by someone else (or that are written or held in someone else’s name) that provide coverage, to any extent, for the services provided by the AMCN Provider to a member. “Third-party responsibility” means any amounts that any third-party is required to pay to a member because of or related to the AMCN Provider’s services rendered to the member. The AMCN Provider reserves the right to seek payment directly from any available insurance, benefits provider, or third party for services rendered to a member (to the same extent it could do so for any non-member patient), and members authorize all available insurers, benefits providers, and responsible third parties to pay any covered amounts directly to the AMCN Provider.
4. Members agree to remit to the AMCN Provider any payment received from any insurance, benefit providers, or any third party for any services provided by the AMCN Provider, not to exceed the amount charged by the AMCN Provider, including (but not limited to) instances in which payment for an AMCN Provider’s services is made via settlement with any insurers, benefit providers, or third parties found responsible for a member’s injury or condition leading to the air medical services provided by the AMCN Provider. Remitting such payments are not member out-of-pocket expenses because such payments originated from third parties only because of the air medical services provided to the member. Failure by a member to remit such payments constitutes a material breach of these terms and conditions and authorizes the Provider to seek full payment for its services from the member.
5. Neither the Providers nor AMCN is an insurance company. Membership is not an insurance policy and cannot be considered as a secondary insurance coverage or a supplement to any insurance coverage. Neither the Providers nor AMCN will be responsible for payment for services provided by another ambulance service.
6. Membership starts 15 days after AMCN receives a complete application with full payment; however, the waiting period will be waived for unforeseen events occurring during such time. Members must be natural persons. Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable.
7. Some state laws prohibit Medicaid beneficiaries from being offered membership or being accepted into membership programs. By applying, members certify to the Providers that they are not Medicaid beneficiaries.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. THE LIABILITY OF AMCN AND THE PROVIDERS, AND THE DAMAGES AVAILABLE TO A MEMBER, FOR BREACH OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IS LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES IN AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED (A) ANY AMOUNT ACTUALLY RECEIVED BY AMCN OR ANY PROVIDER IN VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND (B) THE MEMBERSHIP FEE PAID BY THE MEMBER FOR THE APPLICABLE MEMBERSHIP TERM. IN NO EVENT SHALL AMCN OR ANY PROVIDER BE LIABLE TO A MEMBER UNDER THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS PURSUANT TO ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, TORT, OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM OR THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, EVEN IF AMCN OR A PROVIDER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE MEMBER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS REFLECT AN ALLOCATION OF RISK SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THAT, IN THE ABSENCE OF SUCH LIMITATIONS, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WOULD BE SUBSTANTIALLY DIFFERENT.
9. Any and all matters arising out of or relating to the AMCN membership program, these terms and conditions, and/or the subject matter hereof shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the United States of America (including without limitation, the Federal Arbitration Act) and, to the extent not preempted by Federal law, the laws of the State of Missouri without regard to conflicts or choice of law principles, regardless of the legal theory upon which such matter is asserted. Outside of these terms and conditions, Federal law preempts state and local laws, regulations, and other provisions, including common law duties that relate to rates, routes, or services of an air carrier. To the extent a state or political subdivision thereof makes the incorporation of common law duties or state law in contracts optional, the Providers and you agree that this contract does not incorporate any such common law duties or state laws.
10. ARBITRATION AGREEMENT. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the AMCN membership program, these terms and conditions, and/or the subject matter hereof shall be resolved by binding arbitration by a single arbitrator pursuant to the Consumer Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“Rules”), as modified by these terms and conditions. The place of arbitration will be St. Louis, Missouri. The judgment on any award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. THERE SHALL BE NO RIGHT OR AUTHORITY FOR ANY CLAIMS TO BE ARBITRATED ON A CLASS ACTION, JOINT OR CONSOLIDATED BASIS OR ON BASES INVOLVING CLAIMS BROUGHT IN A PURPORTED REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF OTHER MEMBERS OR OTHER PERSONS. THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF WARRANTED BY THAT INDIVIDUAL PARTY’S CLAIM. The arbitrator is not authorized to award attorney’s fees and costs or equitable relief. In the event the prohibition on class arbitration or any other provision in this arbitration agreement is deemed invalid or unenforceable, then the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect. In the event of any dispute between the parties, you agree to first contact the Provider or AMCN and make a good faith effort to resolve the dispute before resorting to arbitration under these terms and conditions.
11. These terms and conditions supersede all previous terms and conditions between a member and the Providers or AMCN, including any other writings, or verbal representations, relating to the terms and conditions of membership. These terms and conditions may be modified or amended only in writing signed by the President or a Vice President of AMCN or a Provider, and may not be modified or amended orally, by trade usage or by course of conduct or dealing.
*Air Evac EMS, Inc. / Guardian Flight, LLC / Med-Trans Corporation / REACH Air Medical Services, LLC -- These terms and conditions apply to all AMCN participating provider membership programs, regardless of which participating provider transports you.